Nuclear Wastewater & Holding Tanks
Since 1970, ModuTank Inc. has been renowned for producing heavy duty, low cost, and innovative EconoTanks, Custom Tanks, Holding Tanks, and other storage tanks and containment systems. Our products are appropriate for various applications such as agricultural, industrial, commercial, or environmental, among others. We also offer nuclear wastewater tanks for containment of nuclear or radioactive wastewater.
Radioactive waste or nuclear waste is unusable material that has been polluted by radionuclides. Radionuclides are atoms of a decaying or spontaneously disintegrating element which emit energy in the form of radiation. Radioactive wastes are products of many processes including:
- electrical power generation,
- the creation and testing of military weapons,
- mining operations,
- medical diagnosis and treatment,
- biological and chemical research
- and other industrial applications.
Exposure to elevated levels of radiation coming from high-level radioactive waste can cause birth defects and abnormalities, cancer, and even death.
ModuTank manufactures nuclear wastewater tanks that are especially designed to safely store hazardous liquid nuclear waste. What makes our Holding Tanks suitable for nuclear waste and radioactive water containment?
- Secure Storage - Our tanks are made of heavy-duty steel and therefore can withstand strain from very high volumes of liquid. A floating cover is available for a vapor-tight enclosure. This total enclosure system prevents further environmental and health damages by providing a highly secure place to contain the contaminated water.
- Leak Detection - A leak detection system option is also available. This is positioned between the bladder and steel enclosure to ensure that the contained harmful element will not spill onto the surface of the earth.
- Installation - Our tanks can be erected on any firm and level surface using standard hand tools. The crew will be guided throughout the installation process by an easy-to-follow manual. This quick installation feature is meant to accommodate urgent radioactive water containment needs.
If you have any questions regarding any of our products, call us at (800) 245-6964 today!